The Shorty Week Culture Association launch the third International Short Film Festival Shorty Week convocation.
The terms of the contest, which we advise to be rigorously read in order to participate, are as follow:
- Open to all individual, or collective filmmakers who want to participate.
- There will be no limit of short films per competitor, all of them being originals and of free theme and genre.
- Open to short films of all nationalities. When the language is not spanish, subtitles in spanish will be required.
- The length of the short films must be between 0 to 9 minutes, credits included, the ones with a length of 0 seconds will be discarded.
- Will only be admitted to the contest films dating January 1st 2013 and onwards.
- No short film, in which a member of the organization of the festival or the composition of the jury, shall be eligible for awards. Although they can be projected outside of the competition.
- Films that have already participated in previous editions will not be admitted.
- There are two ways to participate in the festival. Online: sending through the www.movibeta.com website and the www.festhome.com website.
- At both platforms’ (Movibeta and FestHome) inscription form, you will attach two frames of your work, which may be used for the diffusion of the festival and it’s activities.
- Each short will be registered in the name of individuals and legal entity contained in the inscription form, being the beneficiary of the prize that they could obtain. The Organization assumes that the person owns the rights to the submitted work, therefore, the Organization disclaims any liability that may arise from a breach of this point by any of the participants.
- The short films admitted to competition will appear in the official website of the festival www.shortyweek.com and in the websites of Movibeta and FestHome as of January 15th 2016.
- The dates for handing over your work start July 1st 2015 at 00:00h and end November 16th 2015 at 23:59h. No early or late entries will be accepted. It’s considered date of presenting the day it is sent to Movibeta and FestHome. The expenses are the responsibility of the contestants.
- As for the contest, an official jury will be appointed, qualifier for the awards, which will be composed of culture, film and/or the arts professionals. They may declare a prize void and decide about any questions not covered in the terms.
- The following prizes and awards are established:
- First Prize to the best short film: 1.000€
- Comedy Prize: 250€
- Script Prize: 250€.
- Commitment Prize to being committed to the social and natural environment: 250€ and a weekend for 2 in Casa Huéspedes Santa María.
- Making Of Prize: 250€
- Animation Prize: 250€
- The prizes are not cumulative, except the prize “Making Of”, that can be paired with any other prize.
- The prizes of this festival are supported financially, directly, in aid received from various public and/or private administrations. Therefore, the responsibility of delivering the amounts is outside the Organization.
- Prizes are subject to any withholding tax provided by law.
- The authors of the winning short films, or a representative[iii], must be present when the prizes are given.
- The jury’s decision will be final.
- The III Shorty Week International Short Film Festival 2016 will take place on March 10, 11, 12 and 13 2016, with public screenings of a selection of short films, entered in the competition, at Teatro Municipal Pedro Muñoz Seca in El Puerto de Santa María. On March 12th the winning shorts will be screened and the awards ceremony will be held. Meanwhile, on March 10th 11th, 12th and 13th, short films that do not participate in the official section, will be screened in other premises located in the center of El Puerto de Santa María, thus giving opportunity for artists who have not been selected to spread their work. The festival will close on the 13th , with a public reflection about the course of the festival and new short film screenings in premises of the city center.
- The festival’s officially selected contestants will be notified via e-mail. On the same time, said selection will be published in the festival’s official website www.shortyweek.com
- The archives of the works participating in the festival will become property of the Organization, which will be able project them in centres and non-commercial facilities, as well as other events for the dissemination of future editions of this festival and reserve the right to publish and reproduce the same (or fragments thereof), always mentioning the author and communicating it to them in advance.
- The Organization places it’s trust in the participants good will, but if there is evidence of non-compliance to any of these terms by any work, it will be forced to reject it from the contest, but if convenient, it may still be used in non contesting projections.
- The Organization reserves the right to modify these terms. Any conflict will be resolved by the Organization.
- Presenting work to the contest involves total acceptance and knowledge of these terms.
- There are no limits on how many short films the filmmakers send.
- All work must include spanish subtitles if it is made in another language or dialect.
- Short films lasting 0 to 9 minutes, made in 2013 and onwards.
- Ways of participating, through Movibeta andFestHome.
- It is important to attach 2 still frames.
- Sending from July 1st to November 16th 2015 at 23:59h.
The III edition of the international short film festival Shorty Week 2016, which will be celebrated on March 10 – 13 2016, is convoked by the ‘Shorty Week Culture Association’.
[i] When we say “we advise” we mean “if you don’t take these terms into account, you have nothing to do at this festival”. [ii]In this contest you can participate by presenting a video (it can be a record or a photographic composition forming a video) where you have to show moments of the shot of the short film presented to the prize. [iii] Making Of prize to the best how it was made is excluded from this norm.